Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014

Essie Too Taboo madness

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

I feel like it has been AGES since my last blog post, and unfortunately it is! I was so busy with work/study/life last weeks that I hardly had time to do my nails, and especially there was no time to take some good photos or write a blog post :( but since all this busy times must come to an end, and I present to you a crazy nail art I did with Essie's Too Taboo Neon Collection 2014!



Colors & Utilities
Essie Sittin Pretty
Essie I'm Addicted
Essie Vices Versa
Essie Too Taboo
Thin nailart brush
Black & white acrylic paint

I started off with a base of Essie All In One Base. I should have added one coat of Essie Blanc, but I didn't, this would have made the colors pop a little more :o) Nevertheless, these colors are simply beautiful!

The inspiration for this kind of design comes from glowstars.net, you can see the post here. This is my first try for a crazy non-geometric fully freehanded design, so please be kind, this is way not perfect, but I kinda like it though. 

I started to do the circles with Essie Vices Versa. I oriented the circles to the left bottom of my nails, and to the right on my ring finger to create kind of an accent nail. I continued with the french-tip-style, this is the lavender shade Sittin Pretty. I think this is not quite neon, but a very beautiful color though. Then I filled the empty space with a nailart brush and the blue shades I'm Addicted and with fuchsia Too Taboo.

I looked at this design and thought about some lines to smooth that out. I wanted to do a full Essie mani, but I could not decide which color to fit best; so I took this tutorial by very talented Narmai from PiggieLuv and used some acrylic paint to achieve an 3D effect. I think this worked out very well for my first try. 

flashlight brings the colors up a little bit


I am very satisified with the result and will try to do some similar nail art again soon. 
I hope you enjoyed reading from me again :D

Polished greetings,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen