Mittwoch, 16. April 2014

Green-themed mani for the one who passed away

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

so today I'm going to be very busy. But this is quite nice for me because especially the last days were really hard for me. And this day also especially is. 
Three years ago, my very very best friend died in a car accident. She was only 19 years old. I can't remember any day when she is not with me and in my mind, and find myself thinking of her every day and think about how she might would have reacted to things I would've told her. Or what she might tell me now. And what her life would be like.
That said and with many many pain in my heart, I decided to cope with this in my "new" way to cope with things, and made some nail art in her favourite color: green.





Colors & Utilities
China Glaze At Vase Value
China Glaze Holly-Day
Kiko No. 391
China Glaze Grass Is Lime Greener
Sally Hansen Shoot The Moon (for stamping)
Stamper + Scraper
MoYou Stamping Plate Greek Collection No. 09
Thin nail art brush




So I started with my normal routine, Essie Trillionals and Essie All In One Base. Then I put on three coats of China Glaze At Vase Value - this polish definitely needs three thin coats to smooth the streakyness out. On the accent nails I started to freehand a green rose with China Glaze Holly-Day. This went out quite nice I think, it was the first attempt at a freehand rose and the second attempt at something flowery. I worked with a picture I found via Google image search. I tried to highlight/shade the roses with Kiko No. 391 and China Glaze Grass Is Lime Greener.  




I wasn't satisfied with the result of some small roses like many lacqueristas do them with a dotting tool and then draw some swirls, so I decided to give the mani another touch that fits the purpose though. I used my new MoYou Greek Collection No. 09 Stamping Plate and took the feathers, and stamped with Sally Hansen Shoot The Moon, which gives the mani a remembering dream-about-how-it-would-be-touch I really like.




So this is it for so long. I'll be back with an easter mani on Saturday or Sunday.

Polished greetings,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen