Montag, 28. April 2014

The Lacquer Legion GLAM - Katy Perry Dark Horse Video Nailart Recreation

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

so this month theme from Lacquer Legion was "Glam", and I was kinda "meh" and uninspired when I've read it the first time. Actually, I had only ideas how the mani should NOT be. But somehow, the design now is what I truely associate with glam.

I went over the great Anthony Vincent who did a Katy Perry "Dark Horse" Edition in 20 different styles, and some of them went freaking awesome great. When I watched the video, I realized the thumbnail of Katy Perrys' original video. I knew the song only from the radio because it is played every three hours I think :D I was like "w00t" because the thumbnail looked like something egypt inspired. While I was watching the video asking myself why she picked that setting to this lyrics (I still don't get it!!) I realized that she and the dancers have FREAKING AWESOME nailart!!

So I think Kleopatra - which I think is her character in this video - was the first GLAMorous woman ever documented. She was aware and cared for her beauty and was admired by everybody who saw her - and especially Iulius Caesar of course. So I combined this to this nail art topic, and I'm gonna show you what I used to recreate two of the manis in the Dark Horse Video!






Colors & Utilities
China Glaze Mingle With Kringle
OPI No Room For The Blues
Sally Hansen Shoot The Moon
Thin nailart brush
White acrylic paint

The inspiration comes from the video about at 1:10 of playing. The three fingers are from a dancer when she picks up the jewel, and the two accent nails are Katy Perrys' mani as Kleopatra when sitting on her throne. 
I started with three coats of Sally Hansen Shoot The Moon and China Glaze Mingle With Kringle. Once this was dry, I painted the Ankh signs with a nail art brush and white acrylic paint. I freehanded the blue accents with the brush from the bottle of OPI No Room For The Blues. The blue in the video is much brighter, I think this would have worked out besser with one coat of white under the blue or even skip these parts when painting the gold and start with white there. For a freehanding attempt, I'm quite satisfied with the result.

dominant hand

non-dominant hand

Do you like this recreation? Would you like to see some more if there is any chance to do some? Please let me know what you think on our Facebook page or in the comments below. And please also let me know if you have any idea why she chose an egyptian setting for this video and to this lyrics, I really would appreciate it :D

Polished greetings, 
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen