Montag, 20. Januar 2014

Galaxy nails - practice for physics!

Hey folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

since Dani announced Mad Mani Monday, I have to share with you my todays mani which made me very mad when creating it!

For a friend of mine (she studies technical physics at Technical University here in Vienna) I promised to do her nails for next weeks TU ball. So what is closer to physics than our Galaxy - on the nails? Since I did galaxy nails only one time before, I decided I definitely need practice! ;)


I do not make a tutorial here, since a HUGE number of tutorials for this technique exists. I will just mention cutepolish's tutorial here since it is the closest one to the look that I created, so if galaxy nails are new to you, please check out her great tutorial!

As I asked my friend what colors she wishes to have (pink/violet or blue, since they work best on a black background I think), she told me she picks the pink one - so here we go!




Get prepared
I started with Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover to push back the cuties before starting with the actual mani. I love this gel because it works!! and makes your nails smell very good - the scent of kiwis, nom nom!
Then, I used one coat of Essie All In One Base over Essie Trillionails which I added recently to my nail care cycle. I will tell you more about my experience with Essies Trillionails in future posts.

Colors
As a background I used a black no-named polish by Kiko (No 275). I started off with the base lines of my galaxy with Essie Blanc. Then I continued with OPI La Paz-itively Hot on the white lines I created. I faded this color out to the black with Essie The Lace Is On, which I also showed you in a comparison post here.

Many lacqueristas like to add white stars with a dotting tool, which I don't like. I prefer beautiful glitter bombs to do the work for me. This time I chose Sally Hansen Starcrossed, a forbidden good-looking gold and iridescent micro glitter top coat. This is very VERY sparkly in person, it was very hard to capture with the camera, but I tried as you can see below! Then I finished with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat to add even more shine to my mani.


I'm totally in love with this design, and fear the moment I grab my polish remover taking it off for the next design experiments! :(

Keep polishing,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen