Montag, 20. Januar 2014

Mad Monday Manicure - "practice makes perfect!" (with a little comparison)

Hey guys!

Today I looked through my old manicures and I stumbled over a picture from 2012, when I just started with nail art.
Now I wanted to see if my skills have improved in the past two years.

I wanted to duplicate this cherry blossom nail art:













  
(this is from 2012)




So I tried to grab a mint polish, but that wasn't easy at all...

 


Six different bottles of mint! 
It's clear that I have to compare them! :)





I got pepperminty in my ciaté Mini Mani Advent Calendar and it's one of my favourite polishes from it. 
It's easy to apply and I just needed two coats!













Office is one of my least favourite polishes I have. I needed nearly 4 coats for full opacity and it's streaky as hell. But maybe it's due to age of the bottle.







Mint Candy Apple is a all time favourite.
Two coats, no streaks, beautiful color.











Gumdrop is so opaque, it was nearly a one coater!
It's also an exacte dupe of ciaté's pepperminty!











Take It Mint has also a good quality, but it's more greener then my other mint polishes, so it's not that minty for me.
It was a bit sheer but easy to apply, I think I needed three thin coats.






Last but not least kiko's gorgeous mint color. 
Wow, I really really am in love with this color, it's so radiant and perfect for sommer manicures! I needed to coats.





Side to side comparison:



As you can imagine, I was now spoiled for choice! 
Since I wanted to duplicate my manicure I was going with Mint Candy Apple, I think I can remember that I used it then.


So let's start with my (hopefully) useful tutorial on my cherry blossom nail art!!

These are the polishes I used (not in the picture is Make Some Noise from China Glaze):



First start with a base coat to protect your nails
I use Miracle Cure from Sally Hansen


Then apply two coats of Mint Candy Apple and let it dry fully




Now grab a small piece of transparent film and crumble it up like this
Drop some of Goldfinger on a plastic plate or similar and dip the film in it




After that dap the remains on the film on your nails



Clean up around your cuticles and drop a blob of Carry On on to your plate. 
Grab a small brush and paint some random branches on your nail


Now it's time for the flowers! I had to mix Spaghetti Strap with Make Some Noise from China Glaze, so you could see the flowers more :)
Take a dotting tool and dot 3 times in a triangle like shape, like this:



Now drop a blob Exotic Liars on your plate and dot it in the middle of your triangle


Let it dry fully then add a top coat. Here I used Good To Go from essie.
 

And you're done!

 

I think I really improved in two years! What do you think?


I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, maybe we even make some videos in the future!

Please take a moment to Like our facebook page and be updated with our posts :)
Lacquer Sistas on facebook!

yours, 
Dani <3


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen