Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014

Pink Comparison: Essie vs Essie vs OPI


Hey folks and a warm „Servus“ from Vienna! 
So this is a post I was really excited to do because I waited very long since I had no time to do this comparison :) why we should do a comparison? Exactly, the colors looked very VERY similar to me in the bottles.

Colors
Essie Jamaica Me Crazy
Essie The Lace Is On
OPI Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs


 
When I bought Essies The Lace Is On I was really excited because I saw the swatches and fell completely in love with this shade. What I forgot is that I own a rather similar color, Essies Jamaica me crazy. I was shocked when I swatched The Lace Is On, hang it to my collection and saw no difference at all.
Pink and violet shades are the colors I own very often because I love them on the nail. When I went to a local store and found OPI Germany Collection on sale! And OPIs Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs was one of the shades I got. Again, after swatching and comparing them, this shade looked very similar to my Essies.

Close-up Colors
All photos are without Top Coat and after 3 Coats of Color. Please excuse the messy cleanup and the not quite good quality of photos, I'll get better, I promise!!!

Gradients
To see if they are really dupes, I thought about creating a gradient.
At first, the gradient with Essie Jamaica Me Crazy on bottom and Essie The Lace Is On on top. Very hard to see, but the difference is really there! Jamaica Me Crazy is a little bit brighter than The Lace Is On.

Then the gradient with Essie Jamaica Me Crazy on bottom and OPI Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs on top. The OPI is much much darker!
Finally, the gradient with Essie The Lace Is On on bottom and OPI Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs on top. It is very hard to see, but here you can also find a little difference. Also a difference between the two shades ist he amount of sparkling pigments in it. The Essie ones seem a little bit bigger, it is more sparklier than the OPI.
Conclusion
Especially the two Essies I wouldn’t call dupes but they are very very close! So if you are looking for a pink shimmer shade, you may decide if you want the brighter or the darker one! The OPI leans more to violet on the nail (more than in the bottle), worn on the nail I would say it is more violet than pink. 

Keep on polishing,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen