Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2014

moYou Stamping Plates Review

Hey folks!

So this will be a huge MEGA GIGA combined post by Dani and me, and here we will show you - as announced on Facebook - our new arrivals: moYou London Stamping plates!!

I've seen a stamping design by The Nailasaurus, and so I noticed the brand moYou from London. Later on, I saw that many of the RedditLaqueristas also going crazy about those stamping plates. I took a look at the homepage and immediately called Dani stating that we need this!!! Finally, we made it and ordered a huge package of plates - still having not all of those we want, lol!





I personally am absolute crazy about fish and sea motives, since I am a summer kid. Dani sponsored me a Konad plate with fishes on it. Of course, I had to order two plates of the Sailor collection! As I still admire the design from Nailasaurus you see above, so I also bought this Time Traveller collection plate. & many many more! 
When I saw the plates in the Internet I was like "omg how should I get this on the nail", especially the Festive plate I have and the Biker Collection 08 plate! And I expected way bigger sized plates. In relation to what I expected (I don't know what I expected!) they are really really small.

Enough said, time to get my hands on this!

I used my Konad stamping polishes for all the pictures, as well as the Konad stamp. Dani ordered the moYou stamp and scraper. I've seen that the moyou scraper is only plastic, not metal, and therefore does not scratch the plates. When we place the 2nd order I definetely will order this too! Now I'm working with an old plastic card, which is not very satisfying.

I first tried to pimp my galaxy nails with some stars from Festive collection Plate No. 1. I used my Konad Stamping polish for stamping. I was really excited because I got the stars out very easy from this great plate, and had no issues stamping them on. Honestly, I don't remind that stamping ever was so easy!!! I often had issues with applying the stamped motive without bluring it, but I did not have any issues with the stars!



Then I moved on to a plate I was very excited about - the Biker Plate 08. I was like "WHOAAAAAA" when I saw this but I also was like "you never get this on your nails". Time to try out.

I painted too less of the wheel, but I think you can see (though very blurry, I'm sorry!) the exact and good quality of the stamping plate! I think this looks really awesome and I'm fully satisfied!

Let's move on to the reason why I started with stamping: fishes and underwater motives! I used a seahorse here to compare different stamping plates in here: a no-name stamping plate (pointer), moYou Sailor Collection 01 plate seahorse on the middle finger and Konad plate No. 27 on the ring finger. I think the Konad plate works out really good in here, but also the moYou quality is simply awesome!




Next up a plate I was also really excited to get: Scholar Collection No. 1. I wanted to stamp the E=mc² formula, but I had huge problems with this! The E=mc was no problem, but the ² was not on the stamp - I tried 4 times. Then I decided to change the motive and tried out:



As you can see, still not quite good result. I don't know what to do, I think I need more practice for this design! I stamped only 2-3 times and very long ago, so maybe I need some skill lol the design was also much too big for my pinky, but I just wanted to try!

The need for skill you can see also in the next images, but as we want to show you the quality of the plates, please nevermind the low-quality of the stamping person! 

Next up some designs from the Time Traveller Back to the 80s Plate I was also really excited to get! I tried what I wanted to see and except for not hitting my full nail because I had the plate from the wrong side, I am really satisfied with the quality of the stamping motives (I know I repeat myself but that's the truth!). The 2nd design blurred a little bit. The 3rd design was simply a mess, I don't know how I should deal with this, I will practice, maybe it goes a bit better with the moYou stamp and scraper.




Since I am looking forward for an 80s evening in February I sure will try to make a good design with these (but not with the 3rd design, lol!)!

Last but not least a "bone" comparison between a HB Nails plate and moYou Princess Collection Plate No. 03. The really superfine quality of the bone from the moYou Plate is exciting (and makes it hard to stamp, therefore I tried two times). On the left side there is the HB Nails plate, and on the right the moYou.


Overall, I'm in love with the plates and I will sure buy some again! 
I also have to mention that on two plates there are issues: on the Festive Plate there is a falling star that has an issue in the comet tail, and on the Sailor 01 Plate one of the two sword fishes has an issue in the sword. But these are the only issues I found and I think I can cope with it and paint the little missing thing with a nail art pen or brush. I'm simply too lazy to send them back and read what I have to do so send them back ... there are so many motives I have no idea when I should use them all, lol!






Alright, now it's time for my review! :)

Here are the plates I bought:





Color: China Glaze - Sunkissed



 
















I love love love love love this plates so much!
The only negative: on the Suki and Mother Nature plates it is very hard for me to choose a design. And once the design is on the nail, it doesn't look as good as on the plate. You know what I mean? ^^ 
And I have difficulties with the scraper, because I'm used to the metal scraper from Konad (but it scratches all my plates T_T) but with a little bit of practice I think its getting better.
The special polish is also very good, it looked sheer once applied but it has good coverage.

Overall, we are in love with the moYou plates and are looking forward to what plates they will release soon! Hopefully, they come with more great motives!

Stay tuned for some manis with these awesome plates!

Bea & Dani

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen