Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014

A different Valentines Day mani

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

I normally don't share the Valentines Day hysteria, and so I didn't want to create a Valentines Day mani. But the plans for tomorrow are so much fun that I decided to create a quite different mani.

My boyfriend and I share a big passion: to ride the motor bike! Since I prefer the comfortable part as the in German so called "Sozia", my boyfriend likes to drive - and he is a very good driver! We had some exciting trips in the last two years, where we formed some friendships and seen lots of awesome things. 

Tomorrow, on Valentines day, we make a trip to a motorcycle exhibition in Linz, and we both are very excited seing some new released bikes and maybe buy some new equipment, either for us or for our bike.

Since I had no chance to do a mani with my new moYou plates since I did my review, I decided to merge the Valentines Day with a motorcycle theme, and here is the result (please excuse the messy cleanup)!





Utilities
OPI All I Want For Christmas (Is OPI) 
Essie Lovie Dovie
China Glaze I Pink I Can (for some glitter accent)
Konad White Stamping Polish
Konad Stamper and an old card for scraping (mine is from the ÖBB, the Austrian Federal Railways, lol!)
moYou Stamping Plate 06 & 08 from the Biker Collection
Makeup Sponge (mine is from Look by BIPA)
Nail Polish Remover (to clean up the mess)

I started with removing my cuticles with Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover. I should have done this first for my last satin ruffian mani, would have looked, better, lol :/ 
Then I painted my nails one coat of Essie Trillionails and then one coat of Essie All In One Base.
I created the gradient with a makeup sponge and OPIs All I Want For Christmas (Is OPI) and Essies Lovie Dovie. I have to say here that the OPI color would have been a one-coater for gradient which is absolutely AMAZING! I never thought this because in the bottle it looks the deepest red, on my swatch it had a pink-ish shimmer, and with the gradient it looked awesome red immediately! I have to say that this was the first successful attempt to a gradient for me. With the lighter colors I always have issues, and so I had with Essie Lovie Dovie. I think it would have been better to paint one thin coat of the lighter color, and then create the gradient, because the darker color still covers it. I'll try that out, I'm in love with the gradient technique!
Then I decided to do a part of the big Biker Collection Plate 08 on my thumbs, here is a closeup:

The badass motorcycle rider is hard to see due to the lighting - I'm so sorry :(

I'm completely satisfied with all my stamping work, I only had issues with pinkie and ring finger on my left hand which was completely my fault. In my second attempt I was successful ;)
For the pinkie I tried stamping with the darker color of the gradient and I love LOVE how this turned out. I've seen this at The Nailasaurus and was completely obsessed by this idea and the look it creates where the design seems to come out of the gradient. Because I thought my mani needs more sparkle, I added a glitter ombre effect with China Glaze I Pink I Can. I definitely needed this ...I bought the color because I thought there are mixed lighter and darker pink glitters in it, which was not true ... I was so frustrated and now I have used it so I can forget it lol ... to have a mani where I can use it sewed my soul somehow xD if you know what I mean ...

Here you have a closeup from my view on the mani ... I also messed up the wheel plus the wheel profile on the index finger of my left hand but I still like how this turned out not covering the whole nail somehow ...

Two glitter sparkles on the edge of the pinkie looking black ... I noticed this on the PC, lol!


Yeah, so this is my different Valentine Day mani! If you like it please let me know in the comments below or on our Facebook page!


Polished greetings,
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen