Sonntag, 23. Februar 2014

Because of reasons: How to fix a broken Nail!

You reach into your bag and then BAM your nail just broke!
And you curse the day, your full bag, the people around you, the store you are in and question yourself why you even woke up in the morning...
YOU HATE E V E R Y T H I N G (but only if your nails are slow growing like mine ^^)

But there's help!
Here's how you can fix a torn/broken nail.

All you need is Nail Glue (not superglue, it's something completely different!!), an empty tea bag, tweezers and a buffer.

So let's start!



Look at this mess. I was so furious, my nails take sooooo looooooong to grow, I never thought to be one of those girls who's mad about a broken nail :P

Here are the things to repair this demon 
As I said you'll need a nail glue, an empty tea bag, tweezers and a nailfile/buffer.

First you have to cut a small piece of the tea bag, just in the size of the crack
sassy tea bag piece

Then you apply the nail glue on top of the crack. You can even apply it under the crack, so under your nail, but it's up to you if you want to do it. I did it ^^
Then, with a tweezer, you grab that piece of tea bag and put it over the crack and the nail glue, just like this:

Let it completely dry. This may take a couple of minutes

Then you going in with your nailfile and buff the thing out, actually so long until it's almost invisible, like this:
See? No? Good! 
Really smooth the glue and the tea bag out until you can't feel any bumps. But don't make it to thin, then it's not going to hold long enough.

Then apply a base coat. Here I'm using OPI Nail Envy



Then apply your nail polish and you're done!
I just got Over And Over-A-Gwen from the new Gwen Stefani collection from OPI and I completely adore this polish. I feel so fancy <3



The duration time depends on how often you do your nails. I say it will last almost 2 weeks, but I will keep you guys updated!
Be sure to be a little more careful with your broken nail, although it's repaired and you can't see the damage, it's weaker than your other nails and your nail may break completely.

I hope I could safe your broken nail for the future! :) 
Please take a minute and give our facebook page your like!

Yours,
Dani <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen