Montag, 10. Februar 2014

Big haul review!


Hello everybody!

Since my lovely Bea and I are addicted to buying nail polish (lol ^^) and current collections from different brands we were really really excited for this haul!

We waited for soooooooo long and none of our nail polish online shops we normally buy from had this collection, but FINALLY we saw the display with the Gwen Stefani collection from OPI at our local nail supply and almost screamed :D (I swear, Dani really screamed ;))
After that glorious purchase I snached up the whole Crushed Crystal collection from catrice, double-win!!

So here's the review of our haul!


Firstly the Crushed Crystals collection from catrice!


Since I started my "addiction" with catrice and I adore textured nail polish, I was really curious about this one, so I just bought the whole collection :D


PLUMdog Millionaire is a dark purple polish. It reminded me a bit of DS Temptation from OPI, but this isn't an exact dupe.
Application was OK, I needed 3 coats. It wasn't strongly textured so it was a little bit of a dissapointment. But I love this color!




Royal REDding is a deep red polish with red glitter. It was also not so textured like PLUMdog Millionaire. It was a little bit sheer, I needed 3 coats.




Stardust is a dark grey polish with silver glitter in it. After two coats it has a really good texture and it sparkles like crazy! The consistency was a little bit on the thick side but application was OK too.




Oyster & Champagne is a light rose polish with bigger light pink glitter, unfortunately my camera couldn't really capture the light rose color.
I needed two coats and the texture was as great as in Stardust.





Call Me Princess is a pink polish with a gorgeous golden shimmer. It's my favourite polish from this collection and reminded me of "Wish On A Starfish" from China Glaze's upcoming Sea Goddess collection. When I get my hand on this polish I will make a comparison!
I needed two coats.


Overall I was surprised with the texture and the gorgeous colors in this collection! 
Call Me Princess is such a gorgeous girly-like color, I think I like it more now than my all time favourite pink texture polish Pussy Galore from OPI!




Now let's move on the the long awaited Gwen Stefani Collection from OPI!
We didn't got all the polishes, but most of them.

I will start with the two polishes I bought and then Bea is going to talk about her purchase :)



I got 4 In The Morning and Love.Angel.Music.Baby :)
Since I'm a secret Gwen Stefani fan I was really happy to get a bottle of this collection!
 


I really really am in love with Love.Angel.Music.Baby! I actually wanted to buy just this polish but than I saw 4 In The Morning in reality and I had to buy it too lol ^^
4 In The Morning is a black satin. It has a silver shimmer which is almost gone in darker lightening. The consistency was really great and you'll need two coats for full opacity.



Love.Angel.Music.Baby is a gold satin. When it's wet it sparkles like crazy, but once it's dry it has only a subtle sparkliness. The consistency was great too, I needed two coats but it could be a one coater!
Both dried really quick!
Love.Angel.Music.Baby swatch

I wanted to imitate Gwen's nail art on this photo but with a little "Dani-touch" ;)




So this is where I start my part ;)
I was very excited about the Gwen Stefani Collection when I read the first press release because I am absolutely in LOVE with satin polishes. Later on, I also caught an eye on two other polishes: I sing in color because I love almost-black-looking polishes like Essies After School Boy Blazer and OPIs In True Stefani Fashion because i like the combination of small rounded and bigger sized square glitter (and overall I am in love with OPI glitters such as Save Me).

I Sing In Color is a red-brown-black creme. Seriously, from all the swatches I have seen I thought it is a very dark vampy almost black looking red. When you hold the bottle in direct lighting or even direct sunlight, this polish turns to brown! I was like "w00t" and then I was like "meh" when I realized this. I have to give the polish a try on the nail, maybe with my skin tone in background it will show a different color again. 

I Sing In Color on different backgrounds and in the bottle

I Sing In Color in direct sunlight
 In True Stefani Fashion is a tiny rounded and bigger squared glitter bomb. This is so sparkling I couldn't stop staring, I think i even like it a little bit more than OPIs Save Me (although this has bar glitter which I love!). The very beautiful holo glitter sparkle was so hard to capture, so here you have lots of photos, I couldn't reduce them to two or so!


Direct sunlight. Here you can see the mixture of glitters

Lighting: Shade




Unfortunately as Dani mentioned before, it took very long from the announcement till the collection hit the stores here in Austria. When I saw misslyns gold satin metal polish in the holiday collection, I couldn't resist to buy it because I wasn't sure if Gwens collection would ever come to Austria. This is why I haven't bought Love.Angel.Music.Baby, so stay tuned for a comparison post between those polishes!

I am so in love with 4 In The Morning and this is why I decided to try a Satin Ruffian Mani. This is my first attempt in Ruffian Mani ever.

Colors
Misslyn Gold-Plate
OPI 4 In The Morning 



It was very hard to freehand for me. I didn't want to freehand but I had not the right supplies at home to help me with getting the Ruffian look. Altough, I am quite satisfied with the result. I think this combination is super festive and fits for almost every cause. I thought I have seen this combination in OPIs lookbook but couldn't find it for this post so maybe I created something new, lol! I'm pretty sure this design will look almost the same created with Love.Angel.Music.Baby.

I have to mention here that 4 In The Morning is quite a b!tch for Ruffian Mani, because it tends to be a little bit streaky and you could easily see where I needed to paint a third coat. Normally, a Top Coat would smooth this out, but I wanted to keep the satin effect. Also, I see lots and lots of hacks in the black polish. I think this is not because of the formula or the polish itself, I think this relates to the color, because you see it on the black polish more easily.

I will add some experience about the durability for these lacquers here, as soon as I can tell! I wear this mani for two days now and it hasn't chipped yet. 

EDIT (20/18/2014): As far as I experienced, I had no issues with a reduced duarbility of 4 In The Morning. I just like to add this here because OPI states that they have not the same permanency as usually OPI lacquers, but maybe I was lucky, lol! I had the first chips on day 4 of wear and tear and I experience the same issues with lacquers of different brands and with a Top Coat as finish.
 

Keep on polishing, 
Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen