Freitag, 21. Februar 2014

Finally I got him ... my nail polish desk! (+ bonus bunny)

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna!

I am very excited to show you what I got this week after long planning and working ... and lagging ... and even more lagging ... my new nail polish desk!
When my collection grew and my small Ikea Samla box wasn't enough *gg* I discussed the idea of a nail polish desk with my lovely boyfriend. When we finally found the right location, my boyfriend drew a plan with the precision of a technical physicist that he is *gg*
My dad is a hobby joiner, he did nearly all the cupboards that we have in our flat, and he is a very focused, exact worker and still thinks about what fits right to the flair of a room. So we gave him our plan, and he decided to do it! 



We planned this based on my Lacquersista <3 Danis existing storage to get the right height we needed. My dad added that the shelves would look better and may be more powerful than thin wood with Plexiglass. We planned the shelves a little wider so I can add two rows of nail polish bottles. The desk holds because it is fixed with two bolts to the wall.





Since the lighting in my flat is really awful (as I mentioned in several posts before, lol) and the desk was supposed to be the new work space for painting my nails we decided to add a little light: two LED bands in "cold white" because this brings the colors up as they really are. I know that this must not lead to what it is like in the sunlight, but I think for the blogposts this is a good idea, and I hope you think so too! So I present to you also my new photo studio, lol! The bands are simply glued to the last end-to-end shelf.



Lighting button on the lower surface of my desk - idea of my awesome dad!


For my supplies like stamping plates, dotting tools, brushes and so on we added a drawer. This became really small due to some changes in the plan and not re-thinking, lol :D not all of my supplies fit in it, but the really big part of it does. 



This is my comfortable stool "Nils" from Ikea! I am not the only one who will use this, my bunny also was curious about this new thing, took a close look and then decided to take a nap under it.





So here is my collection, finally ordered in my stash! In the first three rows there are the "cheap" polishes like my Kiko, Essence and misslyn in the second row, and in the front row my China Glaze, OPI and Zoya polishes. All colors are ordered by brand name, collection, year and release of the collection, and color code. In the last shelf on the left there is one Zoya and my base and top coats, on the right side there are my Konad polishes.


So this is my new wonderland, and I am looking forward to present to you some photos in really good lighting soon!


Polished greetings,
Bea (looking at her awesome desk)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen