Freitag, 28. Februar 2014

Our contributions to #LLadoration - Carnival Ombre + Apocalyptic Nails

Hello folks and a warm "Servus" from Vienna,

it's time for The Lacquer Legion again, and this time the topic was "Adoration". The first thing that came to my mind was "OMBRE!", but I couldn't decide wheter to do a gradient or to do a glitter ombre. Now I mixed this up, both.

Another background for this design is the "Fasching" that will come to an end on next Wednesday. Fasching is the austrish word for carnival, a season that starts on November 11th at 11.11 am, when the "Narrenwecken" (wake up the fools) takes place every year. Fasching is a season to be jolly, tell jokes that everyone heard about 10,000 times and when balls and "Faschingsumzüge" (carnival parades) take place. And of course you eat Krapfen. Looooooots of Krapfen!!! The translation for Krapfen leo got me is "Jelly doughnut", I don't know if that is really correct because a Krapfen looks very different than a donut does here in Austria, maybe I get a Krapfen and can add a photo with this mani here later on :D Today I go to the show of a local "Faschingsgilde", and therefore I prepared my nails the very best I think!






Colors
Essie Full Steam Ahead
Essie Sunday Funday
Essie Bikini So Teeny 
Essie Jazzy Jubilant  


So 4 times Essie - a win! I think for the Fasching itself it is also good to pick colors that pop even more, but I like the hint that this mani gives that the winter (blue) turns to spring (violet) when finally (hopefully) the sun (orange) will shine for us a little more, what I definitely adore! Sunday Funday looks stronger in the photos than it looks in person, it is not that fire-ry on my hands :)

So these are my feelings that came up with this topic. Now I'm gonna lead you to Danis adoration, which is quite different ;) 



Hey guys!
So my contribution for Adoration is a little bit more "apocalyptic" then Bea's fancy and colorful mani.

My absolute favourite game ever is Fallout 3, developed by Bethesda Softworks. 
It is a post-apocalyptic computer and console role-playing game about nuclear war and what the world would become after years of radiation. People were living in the so-called "Vaults", which are underground shelters.
The game came out on October 28, 2008, October 28 2077 is also the date were the bombs fall, the game itself takes place in year 2277, so 200 years after the bombs fell.
I'm obsessed with this game, everytime I feel upset I play this game and that since 5 years.
I also love chemistry and I'm fascinated by radioactivity, so I thought about a Fallout 3/chemistry/radiation/post-apocylyptic mani!

And here they are!







Here are the things I used:

Basecoat:  OPI - Nail Envy
                 ORLY - Bonder
Basecolor: Catrice - ASHley 
Sponged:   ORLY - Masked Ceremony
                 Kiko - #275 (black)
Stamping:  Konad White Stamping Polish
                 moyou Plate: Scholar Plate 03


If you think our manis are adorable, or you have any other comments to them, please feel free to share with us on our Facebook page or in the comment section below!


Yours
Dani & Bea

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen